What will tomorrow bring? Failing to plan results in confusion and poor decision-making. The link between effective leadership and organisational strategy is crucial. Before planning, leaders must determine the outcomes they seek and share their vision across the organisation, to maximise commitment to action. Only by galvanizing the workforce, being clear about the aims and making best use of resources, can organisations beat the competition and achieve their objectives.
This course offers delegates the prospect to build their leadership skills, gain expertise and learn to communicate more effectively with their people. By improving their skills, leaders and emergent leaders will accomplish much better results for themselves and their organisation. By attending this highly interactive and challenging training course, leaders will gain insights into the complex subject of ‘strategy’ and achieve significant outcomes.
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Recognise the impact of leaders on strategy and strategy on leaders
- Develop strategies and plans, utilizing strategic and analytical tools
- Understand the importance of innovation in the strategy process
- Develop leadership skills: Influencing and communicating effectively
- Select measurements to track, inform and support decision-making
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes the use of presentations, discussions, group work, videos and exercises guided by the tutor who will facilitate the learning process.
Strategic Essentials for Energy Industry enables an organization to increase stakeholder satisfaction through:
- A greater strategic perspective at all levels of the organization
- Development of the next generation of strategic leaders
- Development of specialist managers who are able and empowered to think strategically
- Better appreciation by functional specialists/managers of the challenges faced by top management in steering an organization through change
- Better internal communication at a strategic level
- Creating tomorrow’s organization out of today’s
Delegates will develop their ability to use strategic thinking to become more proactive and build business plans to implement strategic initiatives through:
- Greater confidence in understanding the strategic process
- A better appreciation of the interconnected nature of major business decisions
- Understanding how to shift from reactive to proactive problem solving
- Ability to align goals to corporate objectives
- Knowing how to simplify — ability to deliver
- Developing and delivering long, medium, and short-term plans
Who Should Join?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who need strategic thinking skills
- Professionals wanting a refresher in strategy
- Supervisors & Team Leaders requiring strategic skills
- Those preparing for leadership roles
- Leaders wishing to update their strategic skills
DAY ONE: STRATEGIC CHALLENGES IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
- Strategy development and strategic planning
- Understanding stakeholder interests – Achieving consensus
- Using popular strategy tools; Understanding their limits
- Life cycles: Business, product, market
- Understanding the business environment
- Achieving business sustainability, the value chain
DAY TWO: NEW APPROACHES TO STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- Strategizing is a process
- Strategy tools: Imagining possible futures
- How different CEO’s apply analytical tools
- Zooming in, zooming out: Enough detail but not too much
- Innovation: Red & blue oceans
- Innovation: Dealing with success and failure
DAY THREE: STRATEGIC LEADERS: INFLUENCE AND COMMUNICATION
- Vision, mission and values – Just words?
- Culture, power, influence
- Communicating with 3rd parties
- Communicating internally
- Influencing, persuading, and negotiating
- Virtual communications
DAY FOUR: WHAT YOU MEASURE IS WHAT YOU GET
- The balanced scorecard
- Strategy maps
- Priorities and critical success
- How measurements impact actions
- Extrapolating and forecasting
- Turning measures into information
DAY FIVE: PERSONAL CHALLENGE - PLAN TO ACT
- Adair’s action centered leadership
- Motivating individuals, teams & organisations
- Different levels of engagement
- How does team leadership differ?
- Personal action planning
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
© 2022 www.energytraining.ae - All Right Reserved.