Battery technology may be the underpinning of the energy transition, enabling the decarbonisation of the transportation industry while providing a vital backstop for erratic solar and wind generation in power generation. Solid-state batteries signify a paradigm shift. As an alternative of the rechargeable liquid electrolytes originate elsewhere, they utilise safer, non-flammable solid electrolytes. Battery management systems also contribute to optimisation of the various batteries. Longer-lasting batteries lessen the need for expensive storage systems and energy rate for consumers. They handle heat better but also operate at frigid temperatures.
Battery energy storage systems are the significant to real, sustainable transformation – the storage and administration of energy flows and consumption levels guarantee business activities can efficiently combine cost savings, efficiency, flexibility, and resilience. Even power grids are set to become smart systems, thanks to the onset of storage technology.
Battery types and technologies had progressed leaps and bounds, and they now complement the world’s initiatives towards reducing carbon emissions.
By the end of this training course, the participants will learn to:
- Learn the impact of global warming
- Understand the categories of energy storage
- Describe the various battery technologies
- Analyse the battery energy storage systems
- Explain the integration of energy storage systems with the grid
This training course will discuss the topics using computer displays, videos and PowerPoint presentations. It is designed to have an interactive format to maximise delegate participation. Questions and answers are encouraged throughout and at the daily sessions.
Upon completion of this course, the organisational impact would be:
- Technical training and up-skilling to improve and realise the full potential of a competent workforce
- Productivity increase through the understanding of battery technologies
- Identify and understand state-of-the-art battery storage technologies
- Networking of personnel with technology leaders and other engineers and technicians with solid field experience
- Attitude change of workforce, as continuous follow up of new technologies, and they’re up to taking could otherwise create a workforce with high resistance to change due to lack of understanding
- Ensure safety practices adhere when carrying out installation and maintenance activities
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Comprehend the effects of climate change
- Understand the types of energy technologies
- Understand of energy storage systems
- Review, select, and optimise energy storage
- Understand Merits of energy storage integration to the grid
Who Should Join?
The technicians and maintenance staff will comprehend the characteristics, types, performance, and merits of energy storage. This will enable them to perform optimum maintenance.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical Engineers
- Maintenance Technicians
- Electrical Supervisors
- Engineering Professionals
- Project Engineers
DAY ONE: BATTERY AND GLOBAL WARMING
- Overview of Renewable Energy
- Green Energy and Decarbonisation
- Off-Grid Battery Storage
- On-Grid Battery Storage
- Hybrid Battery Storage
- Battery Design and Reliability
DAY TWO: TYPES, CHARACTERISTICS AND MERITS OF BATTERIES
- Choosing the Correct Battery
- Sodium sulfur NaS
- Redox Flow Battery
- Lead Acid
- Nickel Cadmium
DAY THREE: FUNDAMENTALS AND TYPES OF BATTERY ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS (BESS)
- Introduction to Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Large Capacity
- Future Storage Systems
DAY THREE: SMART GRID, SAFETY, AND BATTERY MONITORING SYSTEM
- Virtual Power Plant
- Smart Grids
- Battery Energy Storage Hazard Types
- Mitigation of Energy Storage Hazards
- Safety Codes and Standards
- Fundamentals of Battery Monitoring System
DAY FOUR: OPTIMISATION OF BATTERY STORAGE
- Solar Power Systems
- Wind Turbines Systems
- Reliability of battery energy storage
- Large Capacity Batteries
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Maintenance Strategies for Battery Storage
DAY FIVE: FUTURE BATTERY TECHNOLOGIES
- Green Hydrogen
- Hydrogen Battery
- Alternatives to Lithium-Ion Battery
- Sodium-Ion Battery
- Larger Capacity Utility-Scale Battery Storage
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
© 2022 www.energytraining.ae - All Right Reserved.