This Generating Energy from Wastes training course provides the necessary concepts, knowledge, and good practices about energy generation processes in multiple forms such as electricity and/or heat. This could be done by treating different streams of wastes such as paper and plastics. Waste to Energy (WTE) technologies consist of the treatment process that could create energy in electricity, heat, or transport fuels such as diesel from single or multiple sources of wastes.
This training course aims in improving people to engage in planning, managing, and/or operating waste streams using modern techniques of converting waste into energy, such as processing Municipal Solid Wastes (MSW) in incinerators in a combined heat and power (CHP) plant. It will also focus on how multiple perspectives' efforts could be joined to form a holistic picture of the available opportunities in generated wastes. Moreover, this training course helps understand the interaction between the three major problems face human society in the 21st century, energy security, public health, and clean environment and how wastes could be utilised to develop new forms of energy help in overcoming the challenge of accumulation of wastes whether hazardous or non-hazardous due to increased rates of economic growth.
This Energy Training Centre training course will highlight the following:
- The need for energy production from wastes
- The routes of energy production from wastes
- Some scenarios about the conversion of wastes into energy
- How increased urbanisation rates affect the waste generation
- The impact of economic growth on the outlook of waste generation, quantitatively or qualitatively
By the end of this training course, the delegates will learn to:
- Understand the meaning of wastes and their classification
- Know the importance of quality parameters of different types of wastes
- Differentiate the types of wastes suitable for energy production
- Identify solid wastes and their classification
- The modern techniques for transforming wastes into energy
Different learning techniques will be used during the training course, starting from PowerPoint presentations, interactive practical exercises, workshops, focused group discussions, related videos, and business case studies.
This training course will explain the relationship between the wastes generated from different operations and how it could be utilised to generate energy to be used in other activities to increase value such as sustainable development, environment protection, and resource efficiency; this will be through:
- Better ability to understand the main components of the wastes generated from different industrial and non-industrial activities
- How could waste to energy techniques help the organisation in achieving sustainable development through good practices of waste management
- Understanding the different techniques used to generate energy and the suitability of each one
- Gaining a comprehensive understating of the successful experiences within WTE
- Implement the acquired knowledge in an appropriate context related to the organisation’s business
The delegates will enhance their understanding of the relationship between wastes, energy and could waste be a valuable source if appropriately managed, and this will be through the following:
- Gain a new perspective about wastes as a valuable resource for energy generation
- Think critically about the threats and opportunities related to the waste management
- Understand the main impacts of wastes and how to manage them
- Implement different tools to improve their understanding of course material to ensure maximum effectiveness in managing wastes
- Develop a successful case study for converting wastes into energy based on their business context
Who Should Attend?
Generating Energy from Wastes are necessary for everyone engaged in waste management, whether through generating, controlling and/or disposing.
Although, this training course is suitable for those engaged in projects and operations that must generate wastes directly and/or indirectly, especially:
- Engineers and managers in that their business has a relation to waste management and energy generation
- Sustainability professionals aim to improve their knowledge about proper ways of waste management
- Operation teams responsible for handling processes that involve the generation of different types of wastes
- Project management teams; whether project managers, engineers, planners
Day One: Introduction and Classification of Wastes
- Benefits of converting wastes into energy: The environmental, societal, and economic
- The traditional ways of waste management: Occupied areas and negative social impacts of landfills
- The characterisation of Municipal Solid Wastes (MSW) and wastes excluded from MSW
- The different methods of classifying MSW
- Safety concerns related to the handling of MSW such as fire and leakage of hazardous materials into society
Day Two: Energy Production from Wastes through Incineration and Gasification of Wastes
- Incineration power technologies: Types and trends, energy recovery potential, and electricity generation
- Waste-to-Energy plants, thermal treatment, and combustion systems
- Waste incineration advantages & disadvantages
- Environmental impact and operational issues
- Energy efficiency considerations
Day Three: Energy Production from Wastes through Gasification
- Wastes as a gasifier fuel
- Waste quantities and disposal costs
- Gasification technologies applied to waste
- Waste gasification advantages & disadvantages
- Energy production from waste plastics
Day Four: Densification of Solids and Improvement of Efficiency of Power Plant
- What is densification?
- Fundamentals of densification
- Types of briquetting
- Carbonisation process
- Advantages and disadvantages of densification
Day Five: Energy Production from Organic Wastes
- Anaerobic digestion for biogas production
- Mechanism of anaerobic digestion
- Microorganism for anaerobic digestion
- Pathways for anaerobic digestion
- Advantages and disadvantages of anaerobic digestion
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
© 2022 www.energytraining.ae - All Right Reserved.