The E-Waste Collection and Management System training course provides the necessary concepts, knowledge, and good practices concerning the proper safety management and disposal of electronic wastes. It follows the framework and instructions of sound international electronic waste management programs. It helps those involved in planning, operating, purchasing, and controlling electronic waste to improve the conditions for sustainable development within electronic operations and wastes.
Electronic wastes may be misunderstood as those wastes only related to IT equipment. Still, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), e-Waste is “any appliance using an electric power supply that has reached its end-of-life”. So, according to this definition, e-Wastes include many categories such as but not limited to large and small household appliances, IT and telecommunication equipment, photovoltaic panels, electrical and electronic tools, and medical devices except for infected products. This training course helps understand the consequences of mismanagement of electronic wastes. We live in a world full of electronics. It is expected to increase due to rapid rates of economic development associated with escalated levels of well-being and the growing number of populations using electronic devices.
This Energy Training Centre training course will highlight the following:
- The meaning of e-Waste
- The different categories of e-Waste
- Why do we need to manage electronic wastes
- The profile of electronic wastes generation
- Assessment for the impacts result from mismanagement of e-Waste
By the end of this E-Waste Collection and Management System training course, the delegates will learn to:
- Identify what e-Waste is and how it is classified into different types
- Understand the spectrum of current and expected e-Waste generation and disposal
- Understand the environmental, social, and health impacts of e-Waste management
- Identify the types of valuable components that can recycle from e-Waste
- Formulate a strategy for e-Waste management for their organisations
Different learning techniques will be used during the training course, starting from PowerPoint presentations, interactive practical exercises, workshops, focused group discussions, related videos, and business case studies.
This Energy Training Centre training course will illustrate how to transform electronic waste generated from many activities into valuable through proper management. In addition, this training course will explain the consequences of mismanagement of electronic wastes by showing the main constituents of electronic wastes and their impact on the surrounding environment. This will be through:
- Enhanced capability to recognise the main elements of the electronic wastes resulting from different operations and activities
- Proper ways of electronic waste management help the organisation to add different values and achieve sustainable development
- Understanding for the different ways used for extraction of precious and rare metals
- Acquiring a holistic understanding for the successful implementation of electronic waste management strategy
- Implementing the learnt knowledge in a context related to the organisation’s business
The delegates will enhance their understanding of the value of electronic wastes and how could these outcomes from the different operations, processes be a valuable resource if appropriately managed, and this will be through the following:
- Acquiring a new outlook about how electronic wastes are valuable resources if managed properly
- Thinking innovatively regards the risks and chances related to electronic wastes
- Understanding the main effects of electronic wastes through the understanding of e-Wastes life cycle
- Implementing multiple tools to enhance their understanding of training course material to ensure maximum effectiveness in managing electronic wastes
- Developing a successful case study for converting electronic wastes into valuable outcomes
Who Should Attend?
The training course is necessary for everyone engaged in waste management, primarily electronic business, whether through generating, controlling and/or disposing of.
Although, this training course is suitable for those engaged in projects and operations that must generate electronic wastes directly and/or indirectly, especially:
- Engineers and managers where their business has a relation to electronic waste management and energy generation
- Sustainability professionals aim to improve their knowledge about proper ways of electronic waste management
- Maintenance teams include electrical, information technology, communication and/or instrument which their processes involve the generation of different types of electronic wastes
- Project management teams; whether project managers, engineers, planners
Day One: Introduction and Overview of E-Wastes
- What is e-Wastes?
- Categories of e-Waste
- The unprecedented generation of e-Waste
- E-Waste profile around the world
- Why do we need to manage/recycle e-Waste?
Day Two: E-Wastes Impacts
- What is inside e-Waste?
- Characterising e-Waste
- E-wastes impacts on environment, society, and health
- Quantification of hazards due to informal management of e-Waste
- E-Wastes impacts on climate
Day Three: Recovery of Materials
- Existing e-Wastes recycling techniques
- Recovery of materials from e-Waste
- Metal recovery process I
- Metal recovery process II
- Metal recovery process III
Day Four: E-Wastes and Life Cycle Thinking
- Principles of life cycle thinking
- The relationship between Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and electronic wastes
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) applications for electronics
- Reducing e-Waste
- Preventing e-Waste by design
Day Five: Sustainable Management of E-Wastes
- The meaning of sustainable development
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- E-wastes and sustainable development
- E-waste recycling
- Environmental Management System (EMS) for e-Waste
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
© 2022 www.energytraining.ae - All Right Reserved.