This Energy Training Centre training course aims to provide the knowledge and skills to analyse and evaluate investment decisions— to distinguish value-creating from value-destroying ventures. Finding energy resources is an uncertain business. Historically, many ventures failed, yet some successful projects also led to business success and significant value creation. Then, what is a good project opportunity?
The answer is likely multi-dimensional; it is about understanding disciplines from subsurface to economic, comprehensive coverage that eventually reflects our understanding of the value potentials of energy projects.
By the end of this Energy Value Creation training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of finance and economic decision analysis in the energy business
- Gain skills in effective formulation of investment decisions
- Understand the challenges of investment under uncertainty
- Gain skills in using analytical tools, including probabilities and decision trees
- Apply the knowledge and skills to the analysis of value-creating decisions