This Energy and Sustainability Mini MBA training course focuses on introducing the necessary knowledge, skills, and tools needed to explore, analyse, and assess strategic decisions and actions related to energy utilisation, sustainability, and climate change mitigation. It will start by discussing the global and the holistic picture of the energy sources and uses and the role of energy in achieving sustainable development.
This Energy Training Centre training course will examine the challenges in achieving sustainable development regarding critical environmental issues such as climate change and the rising energy consumption due to the growing population. Likewise, it helps create a global framework of the energy sources and uses and the strategic role of energy in achieving sustainable development, focusing on the critical challenges in achieving sustainability to meet the energy consumption needs of a growing population in the face of increasing economic prosperity and finite resources. The significant business dimensions administration that each manager and leader in energy business needs to achieve success in managing energy efficiency and sustainability issues.
By the end of this Energy and Sustainability Mini MBA training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between the elements of the triple bottom line in achieving sustainable development
- Design a strategy that fulfils the fundamental needs of strategic decisions related to energy and sustainability
- Apply the concepts of project management lifecycle on energy efficiency projects
- Perform financial analysis for energy efficiency proposals
- Learn the requirements of data analytics in achieving sustainability of energy projects and processes
Different learning techniques will be used during the training course, starting from PowerPoint presentations, interactive practical exercises, workshops, focused group discussions, related videos, and business case studies.
By sending the employees to this training course, the organisation will gain a broader range of benefits that participants gain and apply to benefit their organisations.
- Clarification between the relationship of energy and sustainability and how could apply business tools and knowledge to improve this relation
- Better ability to understand the current sustainability issues
- Capability to recognise the role of energy on the global sustainability agenda
- Use of cutting-edge techniques in business to improve the relationship between energy and sustainability
- Implement the acquired knowledge in an appropriate context related to their organisation business
The delegates will enhance their understanding of energy and sustainability issues through the following:
- Gain a new perspective about energy as a business and sustainability
- Think strategically about the challenges and opportunities related to energy and sustainability
- Learn how to use business tools to support decisions related to sustainable development
- Implement techniques to improve the life cycle and value chain of the energy business
- Implement project management tools and concepts on sustainability topics
Who Should Join?
This Energy Training Centre training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those who are responsible for managing the projects, whether engineers, planners, and project coordinators
- Business development professionals who intend to expand their knowledge in the relationship between energy & sustainability
- Strategists who are responsible for setting the organisation long-term goals and targets
- Sustainability professionals aim to improve their business skills and practices
- Financial analysts are interested in enhancing their performance through understanding energy and sustainability
DAY ONE: ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY
- Energy profile around the world
- Major Energy Sources
- Sustainability and the triple bottom line
- The interaction between energy and sustainability
- Current trends and issues related to energy and sustainability
- Energy efficiency and how it could affect sustainability
DAY TWO: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- Strategy and Management between past, present, and future
- Organizational values and competitive advantages for energy companies
- Porter Strategic directions
- Environmental scanning analysis, external and internal environment
- Strategy Formulation
- Strategy Implementation
- Evaluation and Control
DAY THREE: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- The Meaning of Project
- Project Management in Energy Context
- Project Lifecycle
- Initiation Phase
- Planning Phase
- Execution Phase
- Monitoring, Control, and Closing Phase
DAY FOUR: BUSINESS ANALYTICS & FINANCIAL ANALYSIS OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECTS
- Sources and Types of Data in Energy Business
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Spread and Data Distribution
- How does a CFO make decisions?
- Financial Terms
- Marginal Cost of Energy
DAY FIVE: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Supply Chain
- Evolution of Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Planning
- Supply Chain in Energy Industry
- Supply Chain and Sustainability
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
© 2022 www.energytraining.ae - All Right Reserved.