This cutting-edge course is an essential choice for any Training and Development Professional who wants to keep up to date with the latest and vital competencies required in the rapidly changing workplace environment. But simply, you can not afford to miss this exciting development opportunity. The role of the Training Professional is constantly changing. Changing to meet new demands, new technology, new challenges and new audiences. This practical and exciting course will equip you to develop your professional skills as a Training and Development Specialist.
This course encompasses all the core areas of training and development including measurement & evaluation, the development of effective objectives and the latest developments in the area. It will enable participants to not only have a better practical approach to training and development, but also to fully understand how things work and are measured and how all training and development activities can be developed in line with world best practices.
Features of this ETC training seminar include:
- Training and development models for learning efficiency
- Evaluating to show training and development results in your organisation
- Constructing training and development activities
- Understanding the needs of adult learners
- Learning from practices in top companies and organisations
Why Choose this Course?
- You will learn from the best to become the best
- Keep up to day with world best practices in training and development
- Develop essential skills to thrive in a challenging profession
- Network with other like-minded professionals in a stimulating learning environment
- Receive both a Certificate of Attendance and the ETC Certificate as a Training and Development Specialist
Those participating in this ETC training course will:
- Develop effective training and development programmes
- Learn how to analyse and evaluate training
- Use the latest proven techniques and models of adult learning
- Be able to use the latest proven techniques and models
- Understand how to identify learning styles and their contribution to development
This ETC training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be many practical sessions where participants can practice and experience course-related activities. Practical exercises, case studies, short video presentations, small group work and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
Who Should Attend?
This ETC Training & Development training course is suited for anyone who wants to develop their skills in training and development.
Those that would benefit the most are:
- Training, Learning & Development Staff
- Training Managers
- All HR Staff
- Training Budget Holders
- Succession Planners and those responsible for people development
- Experienced training, learning and development staff who want to refresh their skills
- Anyone involved in talent management, Nationalisation programmes, business partnering or on-the-job training
The Course Outline
DAY One: The Added-Value of Training & Development
- The Need for Training to Produce Measurable Results
- The Training Cycle (Analysis, Design, Develop, Conduct, Evaluate)
- Aligning Training and Development to Meet Business Objectives
- Kirkpatrick's Levels of Evaluation
- Calculating a Cost-benefit and the Return on Investment (ROI)
DAY Two: How People Learn and Barriers to Learning
- How Adults Learn: Andragogy
- How to Measure Learning Styles and the Limitations of Learning Styles
- The Limitations of Testing Personality
- The Use of Aptitude Testing
- Overcoming Learning Problems - Why some people have difficulty in learning?
DAY Three: Constructing Training & Development Activities
- Understanding Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- What are learning outcome objectives and why do we need them?
- Writing Objectives using Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Internal vs. External Training Provision
- Coaching & Mentoring
DAY Four: Training Needs Analysis – Becoming a Learning Organisation
- What is training needs analysis?
- Identifying and Meeting Learning Needs
- How to prioritise training needs?
- Redefining Organisational Learning for Your Organisation
- Essential Steps to Becoming a Learning Organisation
DAY Five: Critical Issues in Training, Learning, and Development
- Should training functions be profit centres?
- Differentiating Succession Planning & Talent Management
- The Role of Educational Credentials in Training and Education
- Learning and the Younger Generations – Generation Why?
- Personal Action Planning
Participants of this training course will receive two Certificates. One is a Certificate of Attendance (awarded to all participants who attend at least 90% of all sessions)
Further, participants who complete a post-course assignment (and achieve a passing grade in this and the post-course assessment) will receive a Certificate issued by ETC for: “Certified Training and Development Specialist”
The post-course assignment will consist of a practical work-related assignment equivalent to 1500 words and 5-10 hours work . Participants will have four weeks from the end of the course to submit their assignment
The passing grade will be pass/fail equivalent to a 70% pass level. Any participant who fails the assignment, can apply for one resit. Participants who fail the assignment will still receive the Certificate of Attendance (provided they meet the minimum attendance requirements)
To be considered for the Certified Certificate, delegates need to have a minimum of three years’ experience in a Training (or related) Role
All participants will also complete a Pre and Post Course Test that is in line with the Kirkpatrick Level 2 (Learning). Level 2 of the Kirkpatrick training evaluation model is designed to measure the extent to which training program participants have improved their knowledge and skills as a result of the training (Kirkpatrick, 1996)
Further details on the ETC Assessment and Certification process is available on request