Day One: The Added-Value of Training & Development
- The Need for Training to Produce Measurable Results
- The Training Cycle (Analysis, Design, Develop, Conduct, Evaluate)
- Aligning Training and Development to Meet Business Objectives
- Kirkpatrick's Levels of Evaluation
- Calculating a Cost-benefit and the Return on Investment (ROI)
Day Two: How People Learn and Barriers to Learning
- How Adults Learn: Andragogy?
- How to Measure Learning Styles and the Limitations of Learning Styles?
- The Limitations of Testing Personality
- The Use of Aptitude Testing
- Overcoming Learning Problems - Why some people have difficulty in learning?
Day Three: Constructing Training & Development Activities
- Understanding Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- What are learning outcome objectives and why do we need them?
- Writing Objectives using Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Internal vs. External Training Provision
- Coaching & Mentoring
Day Four: Training Needs Analysis – Becoming a Learning Organisation
- What is training needs analysis?
- Identifying and Meeting Learning Needs
- How to prioritise training needs?
- Redefining Organisational Learning for Your Organisation
- Essential Steps to Becoming a Learning Organisation
Day Five: Critical Issues in Training, Learning, and Development
- Should training functions be profit centres?
- Differentiating Succession Planning & Talent Management
- The Role of Educational Credentials in Training and Education
- Learning and the Younger Generations – Generation Why?
- Personal Action Planning