The ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management Standard (EnMS) evaluates a company’s conformance to a set of criteria to improve energy performance. This ETC training course focuses on energy efficiency, energy security, and energy use and consumption. The standard specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and improving an energy management system.
Saving energy is the main driving force towards developing and maintaining a competitive edge within any company by implementing the correct strategy and system to support continuous energy management and saving improvements. The standard provides a framework for ongoing and successful energy savings and enables managed energy efficiency in any organisation. The standard is based on the Plan Do Check Act continual improvement framework and incorporates energy management into everyday organisational practices.
The standard does not prescribe how it must be done; it gives the organisation the freedom to determine what best suits its needs. This training course provides the tools for an internal auditor to analyse and determine what is needed for a company to conform to the standard before getting audited externally or improve a company’s energy performance based on the international framework if certification is not desired.
The internal auditor will carry out monitoring and measures activities to confirm if the energy management system is operating effectively.
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand, draft, and implement the EnMS policy
- Implement the EnMS and track energy performance with confidence, and identify deficiencies and required corrective actions to confirm the system’s effectiveness
- Highlight system weaknesses before the related potential problems are reflected in the energy performance
- Develop a framework for investigating operations in a particular area in response to significant energy issues
- Demonstrate continual improvement in energy performance and identify potential opportunities
The delegates will receive theoretical training via knowledge transfer methods that considers a variety of teaching methodologies. Discussions, calculations, and practical case studies are included during this interactive training course.
Upon completion of this training course, the organisational impact would:
- Commence with the first step towards energy performance improvement consideration, which should be addressed even before considering self-generation through renewables
- Safeguard the energy efficiency road is taken, is within a controlled environment to ensure its continued success
- Consider the interrelated or interactive elements to establish an energy policy and energy objectives
- Identify, establish, and implement processes and procedures to achieve those objectives
- Set processes and procedures in place to enforce a change in the dominant way of thinking by employees in organisations
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Evaluate the current energy performance of the system, the energy performance, and Energy Performance Indicators
- Evaluate the response and investigation of significant deviations in energy performance
- Develop and evaluate performance against the set objectives and targets
- Review resourcing of action plans and methods of verification of energy performance improvement
- Effectively communicate energy performance
- Review operations and maintenance controls, design and procurement processes, and actual vs expected energy consumption
Who Should Join?
Professionals that are involved in any aspect of energy management, whether technical or non-technical. The delegates that influence the management, monitoring, or measurement of a facility or significant energy-consuming equipment as a whole.
This ETC training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Energy Managers
- Operational or Facility/Building Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Building or Process Operators
- Energy Engineering Consultants and Project Engineers
DAY ONE: KEY CONCEPTS OF AN ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (EnMS)
- Climate Change Policies and Framework
- Energy Efficiency Benefits and Barriers
- Energy Management Concepts
- ISO 50001 Model and Key Concepts
- Management Commitment
- Legal and other requirements
- Scopes and Boundaries
- Energy Policy
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Energy Management Team
- Competence and Awareness
- Communication and Documentation
DAY TWO: ENERGY REVIEW I
- Gather Data
- Analyse Trends
- Identify Significant Energy Uses
- Quantify Relevant Variables
- Linear and Multiple Regressions
- Energy Performance Indicators and Baselines
DAY THREE: ENERGY REVIEW II
- Energy System Optimisation
- Identify Opportunities
- Review Control
- Critical Operating Parameters
- Objectives, Energy Targets, and Action Plans
- Develop an Energy Plan
DAY FOUR: IMPLEMENTATION, OPERATION, EVALUATION, AND IMPROVEMENT
- Operational Control
- Energy Efficient Design
- Performance Checking
- Internal Audit
- Management Review
- Non-Conformity and Corrective Action
- Measurement & Verification
DAY FIVE: ENERGY PERFORMANCE, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS, AND BUILDING THE BUSINESS CASE
- Energy Performance
- Energy Metrics
- Financial Analysis
- Developing the Business Case
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
© 2023 www.energytraining.ae - All Right Reserved.