Artificial intelligence has been successfully applied to a wide range of fields to create quantum-leap improvements across the entire supply and value chains. Some applications of artificial intelligence include optimization systems and predictive engines. Optimization systems can recommend the best combination of parameters to maximize profits and minimize costs. And predictive engines are capable of predicting electricity demand and generation. In an ever-competitive market and with the introduction of renewable sources, optimization is becoming crucial. Optimization in the electricity generation sector implies allocating the right resources at the right time. Moreover, to allocate resources optimally, renewable generation potential needs to be predicted, and the electricity demand needs to be forecasted.
The participants will learn how to apply artificial intelligence to the distributed electricity generation sector. In particular, the participants will learn how to develop and use optimization and predictive engines. The participant will learn how forecasting electricity demand and renewable generation potential could be employed to create value. Powerful Optimization techniques like quadratic programming, gradient-descent, and genetic algorithms will be presented. The popular Artificial Neural Networks and Recurrent Neural Networks techniques will be described, and their applications to predictions and forecasting explained.
By the end of this training course, the participants will learn to:
- Develop an Optimization Engine
- Develop a Fault Detection System
- Develop a Wind Power Forecasting System
- Develop a Solar Radiation Prediction System
- Develop an Electricity Demand Prediction System
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This ETC training course is for technologists, engineers, and managers who are interested in optimizing electricity generation and the smart grid in general.
This ETC training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Energy Development and Production Operations Engineers
- Professionals who intend to understand the applications of Artificial Intelligence and Optimization
- Senior Corporate Leaders, Managers, Department Heads, and Supervisors in the Energy and Power Sector
- Professionals working in Energy and Power Generation
- Technologists and researchers in the arena of Artificial Intelligence and Energy
The Course Outline
- Quadratic Programming
- Gradient-Descent Optimization
- Genetic Algorithms
- Machine Learning
- Time Series Forecasting
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Wind Power Forecasting
- Solar Radiation Prediction
- Electricity Demand Prediction
- Fault Detection
- Optimal Distributed Generation Location and Sizing
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the delegates who attend and complete the online training course.