This Energy Training Centre Environmental Monitoring and Modelling training course is designed to allow participants with the applicable skills and knowledge to evaluate and report on the conformance of an environmental management system and effectively implement an environmental management system. It provides the knowledge to develop, manage, and monitor Environmental Management Systems (EMS) suitable to the needs of their organisation focusing on environmental risks, activities, characteristics, and impacts.
This training course aims to present to the participants the idea, methodology, and essential tools of environmental modeling. Nowadays, Models are imperative tools in environmental studies and management. To better understand environmental systems, to forecast their behaviour and to develop effective management strategies, it is essential to bring together ecological, socio-economic, and technological aspects of environmental problems.
As concern grows for constantly improving the quality of the environment, organizations of all types and sizes are progressively turning their attention to the environmental effects of their activities, products, and services. The environmental act of an organization is of importance to internal and external concerned parties. Achieving thorough environmental performance requires organisational commitment to a systematic approach and continual improvement of their environmental performance.
This Energy Training Centre training course will highlight:
- Understanding the different types of environmental aspects and their environmental impacts
- Understanding the requirements of the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015
- Developing and implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Preparing operational plans for obtaining compliance with ISO 14001:2015
- Identifying all the waste stream types and, the opportunities for recycling of waste and land rehabilitation
Environmental monitoring defines the processes and activities that need to take place to characterise and monitor the quality of the environment. It is used in the preparation of environmental effect assessments, as well as in several circumstances in which human events carry a risk of harmful effects on the natural environment.
All monitoring strategies and programs have details and justifications which are often considered to establish the present status of an environment or to establish trends in environmental constraints.
By the end of this Energy Training Centre training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand types of environmental aspects and their environmental impacts
- Understand the requirements of newly revised ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Identify all waste stream types and opportunities for reducing costs of waste
- Understand environmental-management system definitions, ideas, and guidelines
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Understand the Environmental Management System (EMS) implementation phases, learn best-practice techniques, examine useful tools, and understand the incorporation of the Environmental Management System (EMS) with other environmental programs
- Apply environmental-management principles to achieve continual Environmental Management System (EMS) improvement
The participants will learn by active participation through inspiring presentation tools and interactive techniques presented in a lively, enthusiastic, and exciting style. They will take part in practical team exercises, typical case studies, and open discussion forums, as related to their own organisation's operational activities.
This Energy Training Centre Environmental Monitoring and Modelling training course combines instruction on the latest developments in the field of Environmental Management Systems with best Practices in obtaining ISO Certification including real-world case studies, video dramatizations, self-assessments, participatory discussions, and many exercises to make the course an exciting and enriching learning experience.