ISO 14001:2015 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to improve its environmental performance. ISO 14001:2015 is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
ISO 14001:2015 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself, and interested parties.
ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type, and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products, and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective. ISO 14001:2015 does not state specific environmental performance criteria.
This Energy Training Centre online course will highlight:
- Objectives, principles, and components of Environmental Management Systems
- General requirements of ISO 14001:2004
- Environmental Management tools and techniques for planning, operating, and maintaining EMS
- Management review and continual improvement
- Understanding of Environmental Management System
- Understanding ISO 14001 Requirements for assessment/audit process
- Audit Planning / Auditing Techniques
- Practical Auditing
- Audit Reporting / Corrective Action Process
- Safety program administration, records, and statistics
At the end of this Energy Training Centre online course participants will be able to understand:
- The interrelationship between management responsibility, context of the organization, environmental policy, environmental planning, implementation of policy, operational control, checking of performance, management review and continual improvement
- Essential terminology to help you interpret and audit ISO 14001 requirements defined in ISO 14001
- The difference between compliance obligations and conformance with ISO 14001
- How to plan and conduct an interview with top management
- How to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- How to prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team
- How to prepare thoroughly for an audit and produce checklists (including process-based checklists)
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The online training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This Energy Training Centre online training course is aimed at those with responsibilities for, or duties in relation to environmental management systems and compliance.
Individuals involved with developing or implementing an EMS, especially ISO 14001.
- Facility managers who may be subject to an EMS or compliance audit
- Internal or external compliance or EMS
- Quality and internal auditors
- Audit program managers and ISO 14001 program managers
- Health and safety personnel wishing to acquire management system and compliance, audit skills, and knowledge
The Course Outline
- Introduction to Environmental Management System
- Requirements and Elements of Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- The ISO 14001 EMS Model (Current and Proposed to High-Level Structure)
- ISO Definitions
- Scope and Applicability of ISO 14001 and ISO 14004
- Purpose, Scope and Benefits of EMS Standards
- Other types of Management Systems and their relationship with EMS
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- External Expectations and Requirements
- Environmental Objectives, Targets, and Programs
- Environmental Planning Logic Chain
- Implementation and Operation of an EMS
- Checking an EMS (including Evaluating Audit Results)