Great leaders develop through a never-ending process of self-study, self-reflection, experience, education, and training. This Global Energy Leader training course is your passport to success in the energy sectors. Through practical and energy sector-specific examples and case studies, you will learn how to develop your essential skills and competencies to be a great leader in the oil, gas, and energy sectors.
Booking this training course could be the most important career choice you make this year. Join us for five days of world-class learning and share and grow with like-minded professionals while you develop practical and career-changing leadership skills.
By the end of this Energy Training Centre course, the participants will be able to:
- List the characteristic of great leaders and the essential leadership competencies
- Understand strategy and business models in own organisation and the Energy Sector in general
- Utilise a variety of methods to improve decision making and problem-solving
- Describe the meaning and application of the cultural value dimensions
- Evaluate the ‘new normal’ and leadership strategies for a world post-COVID
Participants to this training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes a range of engaging, practical exercises and activities. There will be numerous practical sessions where participants can participate and experience topics. Case studies, videos, small group work, exercises, and feedback will all be used to facilitate learning.
This highly interactive training course will assist the participants to understand the critical elements of leadership excellence.
- A focus on a new way to think about leadership
- Managers and Leaders committed to delivering transformational leadership
- Facilitating development for managers at all levels
- Staff who appreciate best practices in organisational success
- Participants will leave with transferable and deliverable skills
The participants will learn practical skills that can be applied to their work environment and help achieve organisational goals.
- Understand the pathway to personal and leadership success
- Learn the latest methods to deliver effective leadership
- Enhanced skills in problem-solving and decision making
- Gain practical skills in a safe and constructive environment
- Develop transferable and deliverable skills
Who Should Join?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals in the Energy Industries, but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders, Managers & Supervisors
- Any professional who needs to develop their leadership skills
- Technical staff moving into a people management role
- Professionals who have not undertaken a formal MBA program
- Human Resource Management Professionals
DAY ONE: THE MAKING OF A GREAT ENERGY LEADER
- The essential competencies of a great leader
- Leadership in the energy sectors: How does it differ?
- The difference between management and leadership
- Moving from being a technical expert to a leader of people
- Sustainable leadership
DAY TWO: UNDERSTANDING STRATEGY AND BUSINESS MODELS
- The strategy process: Understanding strategy
- Developing and identifying business models
- Your business model canvas
- Vision, mission, and values
- Strategic tools
DAY THREE: THINKING GLOBAL – ACTING LOCAL
- Understanding Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- The meaning and types of culture
- How to remove barriers to cross-cultural communication
- Developing a global mindset
- Developing your cross-cultural negotiation skills
DAY FOUR: DECISION MAKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
- CATWOE, Root Cause (RCA), repetitive why & cause-and-effect techniques
- Organise, analyse, and prioritise ideas
- Determine the appropriate way of making the decision
- Make choices involving multiple factors
- Implement the decision
DAY FIVE: LEADERSHIP AFTER COVID-19 AND BEYOND
- Leadership lessons from COVID-19
- Change leadership rather than change management
- Overcoming resistance to change
- The importance of mental health
- Personal action plan
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place