Day One: Managing Yourself and Your Day
- Goal Setting – Why have goals?
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
- Planning and Scheduling your activities
- Establishing Responsibilities and Priorities
- Effective Use of Diaries, Time Planners, Time Logs, etc.
- Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
- My Perfect Day – When are you at your best?
Day Two: Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
- Your Time Management Style – Productive or Obstructive?
- Highlighting Personal ‘time-stealers’ and Areas for Development
- Procrastination – The Stealer of Time
- Dealing with Interruptions and Distractions – Staying Focused
- Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
- Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH model
Day Three: Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Meeting Preparation – What tools do you need?
- Managing the Meeting – time-keeper, note taker, chairperson
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Meetings
- What does effective delegation look like?
- Styles of Management that Aid and Hinder Delegation
- How to delegate successfully?
- Understanding How people learn
- The Use of Feedback in the Delegation Process
Day Four: Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
- What is Stress?
- What contributes to Workplace Stress? – The top ten causes
- The Impact of Stress on Personal Performance – The Positive and Negative Effects of Stress
- Recognizing the Signs of Stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Stress
- Maintaining an Effective balance between Home and Work
Day Five: Managing Workplace Stress through Behavior and Communication
- Understanding Behavior Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
- How our thought process affects our behavior?
- Developing Self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over Stress
- Conflict Management – common cause of stress
- Analysis of Individual conflict Management Styles
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations