Day One: Key Principles and Introduction
- Example of protocol traditions and modern-day applications
- Variations between countries and institutions
- How religious, multi-faith and cultural can have an effect on protocol practices?
- Multicultural dining protocols (French, English, Asian & Middle Eastern)
- Some simple but important rules of negotiation across cultures
Day Two: International Standards of Protocol, Etiquette and Diplomacy
- Planning VIP events, receptions, and ceremonies
- Seating planning, security, and protection checklists
- Diplomatic gift-giving and receiving
- Royal Tea ceremony and other specialised events
Day Three: Diplomacy and ‘Soft Power’
- Techniques for organizing international VIP meetings, including meals and dinners
- Cross-cultural communications; verbal and non-verbal.
- Diplomatic conversation skills.
- Traditional and contemporary best practices
Day Four: International and Political Etiquette
- Flag etiquette, anthems, and other important elements
- Royal protocol within a monarchy versus a republic.
- Cultural diplomacy through etiquette and the media.
- Formal and informal dress codes and professional image
Day Five: Public Speaking and Speech Giving
- Practical diplomacy and event leadership
- Professional, diplomatic, and ceremonial images to project
- Communication and networking (personal charisma, written and verbal practices)
- Public speaking and programme presentation skills