Day One: The Basics of Due Diligence in Business Decisions
- The Changing Dynamics of Global Business
- The Strategic Relevance of Due Diligence in Market Analysis
- The Strategic Relevance of Due Diligence in Financial Management
- The Strategic Relevance of Due Diligence in Merger and Acquisition
- The Strategic Relevance of Due Diligence in Business Planning
Day Two: Due Diligence in Market Analysis
- Market Analysis (1) – Data Search and Business Intelligence
- Market Analysis (2) – Analytical Tools and Techniques
- How attractive is the market sector that we are evaluating?
- How strong is our performance in this market sector?
- What is the potential for sustainable profitable growth?
Day Three: Due Diligence in Financial Management
- Profit and Loss Statement – What this signifies?
- Balance Sheet – What this signifies?
- Cashflow Statement – What this signifies?
- Evaluating the Financial Anatomy – Structure and Gearing
- Evaluating the Financial Anatomy – Robustness and Sustainability
Day Four: Theme: Due Diligence in Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- Identification of Types of Risk in this Company
- Quantitative and Qualitative Tools and Techniques of Risk Analysis
- Best Practice in Risk Management – A Structured Process
- The Emerging Concept of “Risk Engineering”
- International Standards and Requirements of Corporate Governance
Day Five: Theme: Due Diligence in Strategic Planning
- What is strategy and why is it important?
- Alternative Approaches to Strategic Planning
- Management and Control – dealing with variance and divergence
- Balancing Short-term and Long-term Programmes and Projects
- Example of a Strategic Planning Framework
- Discussion and Plan – How to apply themes 1-5 in your company?