We know that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion can lead to creativity, innovation, and high performance. However, the Energy Sector has sometimes fallen behind other sectors such as the Technology, Defence, and Professional Services Sectors in developing an inclusive workplace. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion begin with organisational leadership, and this is the perfect course to develop the essential skills to take the lead in this vital area.
This training course will provide the delegates with an exposure on inclusive leadership, how to improve inclusions in the workplace, evaluate the impact of equity in the organisation, latest methods for diversity, equity, and Inclusion, and practical skills in a safe and constructive environment.
By the end of the training course, partcipants will be able to:
- List the characteristic of Inclusive Leadership
- Understand how to improve Inclusion in your workplace
- Utilise a variety of methods to improve diversity and Inclusion in your workplace
- Describe the meaning and application of diversity and Inclusion
- Evaluate the impact of equity on your organisation
Participants to this training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training methodology includes a range of engaging, practical exercises and activities. There will be numerous practical sessions where participants can participate and experience topics. Case studies, videos, small group work, exercises, and feedback will all be used to facilitate learning.
This highly interactive training course will assist the participants to understand the critical elements of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- A focus on a new way to think about inclusive leadership
- Managers and Leaders committed to inclusion practices
- Facilitating development for managers at all levels
- Staff who appreciate best practices in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Participants will leave with transferable and deliverable skills
The participants will learn practical skills applicable to their work environment and help achieve organisational goals.
- Understand the pathway to inclusive leadership
- Learn the latest methods for diversity, equity, and Inclusion
- Learn about your own unconscious biases
- Gain practical skills in a safe and constructive environment
- Develop transferable and deliverable skills
Who Should Join?
This Energy Training Centre course is suitable to a wide range of professionals in the Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, and Energy Industries, but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders, Managers & Supervisors
- Human Resource (HR) Professionals
- Learning & Development Staff
- HR Business Partners
- Talent Management Specialists
- Any professional who needs to develop their skills in inclusion and diversity management
- Any professional who needs to develop their inclusive leadership skills
- Professionals who need to understand Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DAY ONE: THE MAKING OF THE INCLUSIVE LEADER IN THE ENERGY SECTORS
- Why diversity? What this means for the Energy Sector.
- The essential competencies of an inclusive leader
- Understanding the core elements of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- The difference between management and leadership
- Sustainable leadership and Inclusion
DAY TWO: UNDERSTANDING DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- The journey from diversity to Inclusion
- Inclusion and inclusive practices
- Advantages and possible disadvantages
- Recognising and eradicating embedded practices that impede Inclusion
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Energy sectors – An analysis
DAY THREE: DEVELOPING YOUR CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE
- Cultural Intelligence and Inclusive Leadership
- The 7-Levels of culture
- Your cultural map explored
- Improving cross-cultural communication with teams and stakeholders
- Cross-cultural negotiation skills
DAY FOUR: REMOVING UNCONSCIOUS BIAS
- Understanding the meaning of unconscious bias
- Testing your unconscious bias
- Avoiding stereotyping
- Unconscious bias in the Energy Sector – An analysis
- Are embedded practices challenging to remove from the Energy Sectors?
DAY FIVE: THE PRACTICE OF EQUITY IN THE ENERGY SECTOR
- Reasons to focus on workplace equity alongside diversity and Inclusion
- What is equality?
- The difference between equity and equality
- Equality in the Energy sectors – an analysis
- Personal action plan
The Energy Training Centre Certificate of Completion will be given to the participants who
attended and completed the training course.
Secure your Place