To buy and sell crude oil in the global marketplace, we need to have knowledge and skills in analyzing market trends, extract market information, and manage the risk associated with oil trading activities. We need to build foundations on understanding of the oil industry and its supply and demand dynamics, as well as the geopolitical factors that affect oil prices. We further complement this knowledge with analytical skills in corporate finance, decision and data analysis, and economics.
At the end of this Crude Oil Trader training course, you will learn to:
- Appreciate the global dynamics of oil markets
- Analyze price trends and use market information to inform price forecasts
- Appreciate the role of market instruments like forwards, futures, and options
- Use corporate financial concepts for analysis of trades and contracts
- Use analysis to mitigate risks and support create value from opportunities