Have you ever wondered what will happen if your drinking water supplies run out, or if your process cooling water starts attacking the pipework causing severe corrosion?
The use of water in a diverse range of industrial and domestic applications requires that the responsible persons are well aware of the basic principles and rules that apply to the use of water. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of the actual water composition and any restrictions imposed by this, the rules and regulations that apply to the disposal of water to the environment and also the applicability of vital Health and Safety considerations and/or legal implications arising from the use, supply and disposal of water.
This popular training course will help you to acquire the necessary knowledge to understand the most important processes that make use of water and also to develop the skills that will enable you to effectively manage and appraise water-based applications.
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of water scarcity worldwide
- Understand the basic properties and major constituents of water
- Realize the diversity of water-based applications
- Develop the skills to determine the suitability of water for different applications
- Analyse the risks involved in water use and apply these to critical decision making
- Identify any legal implications relating to Environmental and Health and Safety issues arising for the use and disposal of water
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers
- Professionals involved in the implementation of water-related regulatory requirements
- Water Quality Consultants
- Engineers and Operators involved in the monitoring and maintenance of water systems in the process industries
- Professionals responsible for water systems in the Healthcare Sector and the Hospitality Industry
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Global Water Usage Statistics: Trends and Future Predictions
- The most important uses and applications of water
- Water Properties and Composition: Mineral Salts and Microbes
- Interpretation of water analysis results and their use in decision making
- The Drinking Water Industry: Safeguarding Public Health
- The Domestic and Industrial Wastewater Industry
- Treated Water Reuse Applications: Irrigation and Aquifer Enrichment
- Legislation Governing Wastewater Disposal: Regulatory and Environmental Considerations
- Water as a Sustainable and Renewable Resource
- Major Health and Safety Concerns in the Water Industry
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course.