Value creation is the bedrock of business. It's what sets you apart from the competition, secures long-term customers, enhances profitability, and brings distinct meaning to your brand and your Company/Nation. Without it, your unique offering will be rendered just another service in the eyes of your target market. This training course is designed to give delegates a comprehensive picture of successful National Oil Companies excelling in the exploration, production of crude oil & gas, LNG, refined products, and employee satisfaction.
This training course analyses and suggests value additions to the wide range of essential engineering practices of the petroleum industry spanning exploration, drilling, production, sales, marketing, refining, global oil supply, reserves, production & trade flows. With the overview of these essential upstream and midstream practices, the downstream industry operations dealing with crude oil and refined products trading and its associated risks and uncertainties can be fully understood. Since price volatility always exists, the Price Risk Management appropriate techniques are presented in detail. Sales, Marketing, Trading, and Risk Management are crucial and the most active parts of the value chain maximization and, therefore, critical for managers to stay on top of these activities. This highly interactive program is designed to encourage delegate participation to reinforce new knowledge and innovative skills and discussion of "real life" issues in their organizations.
This Energy Training Centre training course will highlight:
- The essential practices of exploration, drilling, production, processing, and transportation of crude oil
- The success factors in the business of international sales, marketing, and trading of crude oil and refined products
- You will learn the business logistics of global seaborne transportation, pipeline transportation, storage, and distribution of crude oil and refined products.
- The understanding of the pricing dynamics, benchmarks of crude oil and refined products in the global markets
- The price-risk management using the hedging instruments such as Futures and Forward Contracts, Swap, and Options
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Fully understand the business of upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & refined products
- Comprehend refining processes, compute refinery margins, manage refined products price risk
- Master the essential practices of sales, marketing, and trading of crude oil and refined products
- Learn to develop and negotiate general sales contracts, term contracts, and spot contracts
- Understand the International oil supply dynamics, geopolitics and effectively reduce the business risks
Energy Training Centre training course will utilize various proven adult learning techniques that ensure the highest understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. This training course combines PowerPoint presentation with interactive practical exercises, supported by videos, activities, and case studies. Active delegate participation will be encouraged to relate taught material and case studies with their own experiences from their respective.