Training Course Overview
Inclusion in the workplace leads to creativity and prosperity. In this innovative training course, you will learn to harness the power of diversity and inclusion for the viability and success of your organisation. Inclusion is the about establishing a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities, and can contribute fully to the organisation’s success. Research has identified a very basic formula: Diversity + inclusion = better business outcomes.
Over forty years of diversity training research has demonstrated that diversity training can have a significant positive impact, especially when it targets awareness and skill development. This may be the most important course you ever attend.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the meaning of inclusion
- Illustrate how to minimise barriers to a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Argue the case for inclusion in your organisation
- Explain how to remove embedded practices that impede inclusion
- Evaluate your knowledge of different cultures relevant to your business
The participants will receive thorough training on the subjects utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. It involves skill practice in a group setting that includes individual and group activities that will intersperse the sessions. A variety of practical sessions, relevant case studies, simulations, and group games and activities are programmed into this course.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Any professional who needs to develop their skills in inclusion and diversity
- All Human resource (HR) Professionals, Managers and Business Partners
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Learning & Development Staff
- Talent Management Specialists
- Professionals who have an interest in managing diverse groups of people
- Human Resource (HR) Professionals
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Understanding the drivers of inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- The journey from diversity to inclusion
- Leveraging diversity & inclusion
- How unconscious bias impedes progress
- Managing cross-cultural challenges
- Work practices to improve inclusion in your workplace
- Promoting the business case for inclusion
- The need for Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- Understanding yourself: understanding others
- Multi-cultural teams and teamwork
Certificate of Completion will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.