Consumers are demanding for safe, secured and reliable grid system, with the introduction of systems digitalization the demand for smart grid is no exception. A smart grid is an intelligent automated system for monitoring the flow of electricity and making the distribution of electricity more efficient. In a world where protecting the environment is a major concern, it is important to find cost-effective ways of reducing power usage and increasing energy independence.
A smart grid includes the utilization and production of renewable energy. Consumers now have a choice to generate their own electricity for personal consumption, and any excess of electrical energy can be sold to the local utilities supply companies. This can be achieved by installing smart meters in the premises. Smart grids possess demand response capacity to help balance electrical consumption with supply, as well as the potential to integrate new technologies to enable energy storage devices and the large-scale use of electric vehicles.
By the end of this online training seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the conventional power grid system
- Discuss smart grid blueprint and characteristics
- Explore the types of renewable energy
- Describe wind turbines
- Discover photo voltaic cells
- Explore other types of renewable energy
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Mechanical technicians
- Mechanical supervisors
- Administrative managers
- Finance managers
- Project directors
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Types of generation of electrical power system
- Transmission, distribution and units of electric power
- Photo voltaic cells and solar power
- Wind turbines and wind farms
- Biomass and hydro electricity
- Smart grid architecture
- Merits of smart grid
- Smart homes concepts
- Smart grids integration to existing grids
- Fundamentals of energy storage systems
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the participants who attend and complete the online training course.