The global transition to a sustainable energy future has begun. Renewable energy is fast growing at an astonishing pace, information technologies are revolutionizing electricity trade and management, and competitive electricity markets are driving unprecedented change in electricity generation choice. These rapid changes create countless opportunities for those firms and individuals that understand how and why these changes are happening, anticipate where energy markets are headed, and innovate new solutions and approaches that meet energy-related needs. Conversely, the transition will leave behind those that fail to keep up.
Succeeding in this rapidly changing world requires a solid knowledge base in energy fundamentals, energy technologies, and energy markets; and the skills to use this knowledge to assess new business opportunities. This training course provides both that essential knowledge and those critical skills. After completing this training course, you will understand “why” the energy system is changing, “where” it is headed, “what” it means for your career and your firm, and “how” to successfully navigate the ongoing transition to a sustainable energy future.
This ETC training course will highlight:
- Energy Fundamentals: Energy Units, Core Concepts, and Global Trends
- Renewable Energy Markets: Industry Structure, Key Players, and Trends
- Renewable Energy Technologies: Cost and Performance Characteristics, Trends, and Forecasts
- Grid Integration, Smart Grids, and Distributed Renewables: Strategies, Technologies, and Emerging Approaches
- Sustainable Energy Futures: Pathways, Forecasts, and Business Implications
By the end of this ETC training course, the participants will be able to:
- Assess why the energy system is changing, and what it means for you and your organization
- Quantitatively evaluate sustainable energy options including renewables, energy efficiency, and electrification
- Explain how information technologies are transforming the electricity system
- Analyze how policies such as auctions and energy targets can be leveraged for success
- Assess and interpret trends and forecasts that tell us about the future of energy
- Predict where the energy-related opportunities lie, and know how to take advantage of them
This ETC training course will use a thoughtful combination of lectures, structured discussion, roleplay, case studies, and exercises. The participants will have opportunities to assess the ongoing energy transition means for their firms, analyze implications of new technologies, and conceive imaginative solutions to energy business challenges.