Renewable Energy Integration focuses on incorporating renewable energy, distributed generation, energy storage, thermally activated technologies, and demand response into the electric distribution and transmission system. A systems approach is being used to conduct integration development and demonstrations to address technical, economic, regulatory, and institutional barriers for using renewable and distributed systems. In addition to fully addressing operational issues, the integration also establishes viable business models for incorporating these technologies into capacity planning, grid operations, and demand-side management.
Electric utilities are increasingly tasked with meeting Renewable Portfolio Standards, and are looking to generate power from wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass sources. But integrating the power from such renewable sources into the grid can be a daunting challenge.
By the end of this online training course, you will be able to:
- Identify the importance and merits of reduced carbon emission
- Understand the grid flexibility to renewable energy integration
- Determine the various types of renewable energy
- Explain the different types of solar panels
- Analyse the common types of wind farms
- Understand the various type of energy storage systems
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online using ClickMeeting and has three sessions starting from 0900 and end 1400.
Who Should Attend?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical engineers
- Electrical supervisors
- Power engineers
- Managers in-charge of electrical installations
- Project Engineers
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Wind power generation operations
- Photo voltaic power generation and PV plant inverter layout
- Transmission expansion developments
- Promising large capacity electrical energy storage technologies
- Forecasting and demand response
- Wind and solar power variabilities
- Approach to analysis of integrating renewable energy
- Integration of distributed and renewal energy generation
- Merits of smart grids
- Operation of micro grids
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course