The global transition to a sustainable energy future has begun. Renewable energy is fast growing at an astonishing pace, information technologies are revolutionizing electricity trade and management, and competitive electricity markets are driving unprecedented change in electricity generation choice. These rapid changes create countless opportunities for those firms and individuals that understand how and why these changes are happening, anticipate where energy markets are headed, and innovate new solutions and approaches that meet energy-related needs. Conversely, the transition will leave behind those that fail to keep up.
Succeeding in this rapidly changing world requires a solid knowledge base in energy fundamentals, energy technologies, and energy markets; and the skills to use this knowledge to assess new business opportunities. This online training course provides both that essential knowledge and those critical skills. After completing this training course, you will understand “why” the energy system is changing, “where” it is headed, “what” it means for your career and your firm, and “how” to successfully navigate the ongoing transition to a sustainable energy future.
This ETC online training course will highlight:
- Energy Fundamentals: Energy Units, Core Concepts, and Global Trends
- Renewable Energy Markets: Industry Structure, Key Players, and Trends
- Renewable Energy Technologies: Cost and Performance Characteristics, Trends, and Forecasts
- Grid Integration, Smart Grids, and Distributed Renewables: Strategies, Technologies, and Emerging Approaches
- Sustainable Energy Futures: Pathways, Forecasts, and Business Implications
By the end of this ETC online training course, the participants will be able to:
- Assess why the energy system is changing, and what it means for you and your organization
- Quantitatively evaluate sustainable energy options including renewables, energy efficiency, and electrification
- Explain how information technologies are transforming the electricity system
- Analyze how policies such as auctions and energy targets can be leveraged for success
- Assess and interpret trends and forecasts that tell us about the future of energy
- Predict where the energy-related opportunities lie, and know how to take advantage of them
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This ETC online training course is targeted at professionals new to the energy industry, and those in both modern and traditional energy firms needing to better understand and respond to the rapid changes in the energy industry.
This ETC online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those new to the energy industry, seeking a thorough understanding of renewable energy and sustainability
- Those in traditional energy firms, need to understand better what the energy transition means for their firm
- Those in the renewable and sustainable energy field, seeking market and technology intelligence on the latest happenings in the field
- Government and public sector professionals with responsibilities related to renewable and sustainable energy
- Advocates and civil society members, in pursuit of knowledge they can use to build a sustainable energy system for the future generation
The Course Outline
- Energy Problems and Solutions
- Energy Fundamentals Review
- Renewable Energy (RE) Technologies
- Economic Analysis of Renewable Energy (RE)
- Rooftop Photovoltaics (PV) Technologies and Trends
- Rooftop Photovoltaics (PV) Case Study Analysis
- Electrification Trends and Implications
- Electric Vehicles as Distributed Storage
- Energy Efficiency Overview and Technologies
- Megawatts: Theory and Practice
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the participants who attend and complete the online training course.