Power Distribution Equipment which are reliable, safe and efficient are essential for an electrical installation. This online training course includes the construction, operation and maintenance aspects of the equipment namely the transformers, circuit breakers, ring main unit, switches and protection devices. Safe operations are essential as they are protected by modern and sophisticated relays and protection devices. Power distribution can either be overhead or underground, and auxiliary power is obtain by means of uninterruptible power supply.
Protection systems are installed to prevent faults from damaging electrical plant and to initiate isolation of faulted sections in order to maintain continuity of supply elsewhere on the system. Recent changes in technology together with changes in the manner in which utilities and industrial organisations operate, has greatly emphasized the development of integrated protection and control.
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the major power distribution equipment
- Determine the various types maintenance strategies
- Explain the different types of circuit breakers
- Analyse the characteristics of oil immersed transformers
- Design a simple electrical power distribution incorporating the main power distribution equipment
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The online training course is conducted online using ClickMeeting and has three sessions starting from 0900 and end 1400.
Who Should Attend?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical engineers
- Electrical supervisors
- Power engineers
- Managers in-charge of electrical installations
- Project engineers
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Major components of a power transformer
- Fault level and impedance percentage of a transformer
- The construction, operation and characteristics of vacuum circuit breaker
- SF₆ circuit breaker operations and characteristics
- Live tank and dead tank high voltage circuit breaker
- Types of online and offline UPS design
- Components functionalities of a double conversion UPS
- Functionalities of numerical relays
- Partial discharge and thermal imaging and its effects
- Power quality measurement instruments and mitigation
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course