This ETC online training course covers photovoltaic (PV) systems, energy storage systems (ESS), and the interactions between these systems and the grid, along with microgrids and off-grid systems. Photovoltaic (PV) and storage are a match made in heaven. Photovoltaic (PV) and lithium batteries have gone down in price tenfold in the last decade, making these systems in a position to further down in price. In combination, it is imminent that these systems will take over the grid in the next ten (10) years.
Fossil fuels have a limited supply and the easier to reach sources are taken out of the ground, first making a trend for higher prices in the long term. Photovoltaic (PV) and energy storage systems (ESS) are made of materials that are not rare in most cases. As mass-production increases, prices drop faster than expected, as history shows. Energy Storage Systems (ESS) prices are also dropping because of the huge demand for batteries from the electric vehicle industry.
This will include photovoltaic (PV) systems, energy storage systems, grid connections, inverters, charge controllers, microgrids, batteries, site analysis, solar radiation, solar resource, and much more. Taking this training course will keep you informed about the latest trends in technology.
By the end of this ETC online training course, the participants will be able to:
- Intelligently Discuss Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage Systems (ESS) Applications
- Understand Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage Systems (ESS) Markets
- Forecast Advances in Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage Systems (ESS) Technology
- Explain Benefits of Different Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage Systems (ESS) Applications
- Determine Correct Applications of coupling Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage Systems (ESS)
- Comprehending the basics of Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage System (ESS) design
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This online training course is designed for energy professionals, engineers, or those with a background in aspects of designing PV and energy storage systems. Many power professionals can benefit from quickly adding solar and storage to their repertoire of skills.
This ETC online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Energy and Power Professionals
- Electricians and Utility Engineers in the Electric and Power Plant Company
- Mechanical Engineers and Electrical Engineers in the Energy and Power Industry
The Course Outline
- Common Types of Photovoltaic (PV) System Markets and Applications
- Key Contributions to Development of Technology
- Grid-connected Photovoltaic (PV), Grid-connected Photovoltaic (PV) with Batteries and Stand-alone Systems
- Microgrids with Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage
- Solar Energy Fundamentals
- Solar and Energy Storage Equipment
- Solar and Energy Storage System Sizing
- Residential, Commercial, Industrial & Utility Scale Photovoltaic (PV), and Energy Storage Systems
- Grid Services, Reactive Power, Ride-through and Power Factor Correction
- Operation & Maintenance Best Practices including IV Curve Tracing and Monitoring
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the participants who attend and complete the online training course.