This Energy Training Centre online course is an opportunity to understand what is different about nuclear safety culture and why it is important for your organisation to be aware of the nuclear sector safety culture expectations. Whether you work directly in the nuclear industry or as a part of the supply chain you will be required to demonstrate that your organisation has a thorough knowledge of the behavioural safety culture of the nuclear industry.
The Nuclear Safety Culture online training course is designed to provide you with sufficient understanding of the methodology called Human Performance to be able to assess the standards of your own organisation and consider what corrective actions you may require to take to ensure compliance. You will also have sufficient knowledge of five practical tools that you can start applying back in the workplace as well as the ten traits that your organisation should be demonstrating. This Nuclear Safety Culture online training course will almost certainly modify your behaviours in the workplace but also in your everyday life.
This Energy Training Centre online course will highlight:
- The reasons why nuclear has taken safety seriously and the specific methodology applied
- The 10 Traits of the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations and the WANO equivalents
- The 5 Principles of Human Performance
- The reasons why people make mistakes and the most important error traps they fall into
- Five practical tools that you can apply immediately into your life
- Two different types of error and the importance of knowing the difference
By the end of this Energy Training Centre online course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the reasons the nuclear industry has special requirements
- Understand the role of a nuclear safety case and the link between quality and safety
- Understand the traits of a safety aware organisation
- Analyse the current culture of their organisation and themselves
- Appreciate different types and causes of error
- Learn how organisations unwittingly set people up to fail
- Assess the high-risk operations and processes in their business
- Apply five tools to reduce the risk of error in the workplace and elsewhere
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
If you intend having a role in the nuclear industry or supply chain, then it is essential that your business demonstrates a suitable behavioural culture in both safety and quality.
Applying the knowledge gained on this online training course will allow your business to:
- Be confident that your safety culture meets the expectations of the nuclear sector
- Significantly reduce the number and severity of safety and quality events
- Apply for nuclear business using nuclear industry safety terminology
- Support staff to develop an enhanced safety awareness
This is an opportunity for individuals attending online training course to make a step change in how they think about safety in their work role and in their home life.
Applying the knowledge gained on this online training course will allow you to:
- Be more aware of potential hazards and take suitable mitigating action
- Increase safety awareness of others
- Reduce the number and severity of incidents that you experience
- Demonstrate a suitable behavioural culture that will support business growth
- Reduce incidents and events occurring within your area of responsibility
Who Should Attend?
This Nuclear Safety Culture online training course has general application and is suited to anyone who works or is planning to work within the nuclear sector. It will also be useful for managers, leaders, and safety professionals to be able to understand and improve the business safety culture.
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Safety professionals in businesses considering, entering or already in the nuclear supply chain
- Leaders desiring to understand and improve the safety and quality culture in their business
- Managers and supervisors wanting to establish higher standards of safety and quality
- Sales personnel wanting to demonstrate that the business is suitably safety aware
- Staff working on a nuclear facility or supplying products to the nuclear industry
The Course Outline
- The unusual and special safety requirements of the nuclear sector
- The 10 Traits of a good nuclear safety culture explained
- Why understanding human behaviour is essential for a good safety culture
- Latent Organizational Weakness
- Two types of error: Active and Latent
- Top 10 error traps
- The 5 principles of Human Performance
- Five simple tools to defend against errors