A ‘quantum leap’ in the renewables are the new improved methods and technologies of solar power. Improvements and higher efficiencies of harnessing solar power are ongoing efforts executed by many agencies around the world. Battery storage systems and new battery technologies are another aspect with are dynamic and compliment the solar power systems. The superior and dynamic offshore and onshore wind power are also fast expanding with large output capacities. The incorporation of digitalization and software have improved the performance of the wind power generation.
This Energy Training Centre course will explore the modern trends in renewable energies. Over the years; the demand, installation and utilization of renewables have grown exponentially. This realisation and consciousness of reducing carbon footprint has become a norm as the effects of climate change has significantly derailed most countries in the world. Trends towards green energy generation has gained momentum with high degree of acceptance by the world’s population.
This Energy Training Centre course will highlight:
- The types, importance, and essentials of renewable energy
- Solar power technologies
- Characteristics and types of on shore and offshore wind power
- Construction and operation battery storages systems
- Emerging technologies in renewables
The Modern Trends in Renewables training course will elaborate on the various technologies of renewables. This will include the types of renewable energy generation and battery storage systems.
At the end of this Energy Training Centre course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the different types of renewables
- Comprehend solar power generation
- Analyse the characteristics of wind power
- Understand the operation of other forms of renewable energy generation
- Appreciate the merits storage battery systems
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Upon completion of the Energy Training Centre course the organizational impact would be:
- Technical training and up-skilling to improve and realise the full potential of a competent workforce.
- Productivity increase through minimisation of project time acceptance/design and testing.
- Identification for opportunities of improvements due to deep understanding of the presented state-of-the-art renewable energy and battery storage technologies.
- Networking of personnel with technology leaders and other engineers and technicians with strong field experience.
- Attitude change of workforce, as continuous follow up of new technologies and they are up taking could otherwise create workforce with high resistance to change due to lack of understanding.
- Ensure safety practices are adhered when carrying out maintenance activities
On successful completion of this Energy Training Centre course delegate will be able to understand:
- Understand the basis for the use green energy
- Understand solar power generation
- Have an appreciation of wind power
- Be able to review the merits and technologies of renewables
- Comprehend the various types of battery storage systems
Who Should Attend?
The technicians and maintenance staff will be able to comprehend the characteristics, types, construction, operations, and merits of renewable and battery storage systems. This will enable them to perform optimum maintenance.
This ETC training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical engineers
- Maintenance technicians
- Electrical supervisors
- Engineering professionals
- Project engineers
The Course Outline
Day One: Overview of Renewable Energy Generation
- Renewables and green energies
- Harnessing different renewable energy
- Microgrids and its emergence
- Mastering renewable and alternative energies
- Future of wind power and wind farms
- Future of solar power and solar farms
Day Two: Solar Power Merits Types, Characteristics, Merits and Technologies
- Bi-facial photo voltaic
- Floating photo voltaic
- Prefab photo voltaic
- Solar roof tiles
- Vertical photo voltaic and BIPV
- HVDC and solar power
Day Three: Onshore and Offshore Wind Power Characteristics and Trends
- Characteristics and merits of onshore wind farms
- Characteristics and merits of offshore wind farms
- Nacelle construction and operation
- Large and small wind turbines
- Wind classes
- Wind and solar hybrid
Day Four: State of the Art Battery Storage Systems and Maintenance
- Battery storage systems
- Large capacity batteries
- Lithium-ion battery characteristics
- Maintenance and cleaning of solar panels
- Solar panel disposals
- Solar output kWp versus kWh
Day Five: Other Fast Expanding Renewables
- Solar hydrogen
- Tidal wave
- Hydrogen power