Modern electrical power systems increases the efficiency of electrical power generations, transmission and distribution it also lower carbon footprint for a greener world. It includes the ‘green generation’ of electricity by means of renewable energy. In addition the introduction and merits of the Smart Grids and Micro Grids are also discussed in the seminar. The determination and control of fault levels, active power, reactive power, voltage and frequency are essential in a modern electrical power system. Power quality issues are also addressed by modern mitigation techniques.
This online training seminar will highlight power system stability incorporating the Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS) which has evolved to a mature technology with high power rating. This technology has wide spread application, became a top rate, most reliable one, based on power electronics which are now present in the digital substations. Quick and efficient of fault clearance are achievable by incorporating the reliable numerical protection in the electrical system to ensure high degree of safety.
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various types of renewable energy generation, transmission and distribution
- Evaluate the significance and merits of renewables
- Comprehend the importance of reactive power
- Explore power quality issues and mitigation methods
- Appreciate the merits of flexible AC transmission system (FACTS)
- Understand the purposes and functions of numerical protection relays
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This ETC online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Maintenance Engineers and Technicians
- Technical Management Professionals
- Engineering Professionals
- Maintenance and Operations Technicians
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Overview of a typical and modern systems covering generation, transmission and distribution and the SMART grid
- Effects of reactive power compensation on voltage profile
- Symmetrical, asymmetrical faults and effects on positive, negative and zero sequence components
- Power system and substation automation
- Renewable energy and the environment - solar power, geothermal power, wind power, environmental friendly storage batteries
- Digital substation architecture
- Flexibility in AC Systems (FACTS) - static VAr Compensation - series controlled capacitors
- Advanced protection and control techniques
- Numerical relay and protection functions
- GIS diagnostics – partial discharge techniques
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the participants who attend and complete the online training course.