The Oil and Gas industry is as complex as it is diverse, it is both risky and dynamic and most of all, in continual change. Uncertainties; in price, supply, demand, cost, technological change and politics all contribute to the extraordinary challenges faced by oil and gas professionals and managers. This online training course will prepare oil and gas professionals and managers to face those challenges, and progress both in their current role and in their future careers.
Attending this intensive online training course will bring together the management perspective of all the key aspects of the upstream oil and gas industry including those of geoscience, engineering, commerce, finance, safety, social responsibility, strategy and risk management.
This Mini MBA Oil & Gas and Energy Management online training course provides delegates with a broader understanding of the key concerns facing the petroleum industry and furnishes them with skills and knowledge to effectively identify and tackle these issues. In depth awareness of the current advances in Oil & Gas project management techniques addressing risk management, planning and scheduling approaches and project finance and economics will ensure a successful management of future Oil & Gas Energy projects.
By the end of this ETC online training course, the participants will learn to:
- Appreciate the important issues facing the industry and the strategies to effectively address them
- Gain a clear understanding of the companies that make up the petroleum industry
- Learn about the geopolitical issues surrounding global Oil & Gas supply, transportation and pricing
- Gain specific skills in budgeting finance and strategic planning whilst assessing the commercial viability of Oil & Gas Projects
- Understand the management of resource allocation (money, time, people, technology)
- Develop an understanding of how derivative markets can be utilized in risk management
- Acquire an understanding and compare various international fiscal systems
- Explain the nature and fundamental of Oil & Gas Projects and Project Management
- Function more effectively and efficiently in today’s competitive Oil & Gas business environment
- Evaluate the strategic challenges facing the industry and implications for their organization
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This ETC online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business Development Professionals
- Corporate Planners, Investment Analysts, Oil & Gas Directors who would appreciate the gist of a full Oil & Gas energy MBA study program
- More senior Oil & Gas executives intrigued by the concepts of an MBA but lacking the time for a full MBA
- Managers in the Oil & Gas energy sector that want a ‘taster’ to see if a full MBA might be for them
- Professionals who have already done a generic MBA but want to relate those processes to the Oil & Gas industries
- Managers in industries and professions supplying or serving the industry who would like a deeper understanding of oil and gas, e.g. bankers, lawyers, analysts, service majors, etc.
- Project managers, Engineers, Supply Planners, & Scheduling Professional
The Course Outline
- The nature of the oil and gas industry, including: the origins of oil and gas, the professional disciplines, the fundamentals of oil and gas exploration and production
- The oil and gas industry business environment, including: global petroleum reserves, supply and demand, the global energy mix
- Technical advances in the oil and gas industry, including: shale oil & gas revolution; directional drilling; microseismic; hydraulic fracturing; measurement while drilling
- The monetization of natural gas (liquefied natural gas LNG, compressed natural gas CNG, gas to liquids GTL)
- Project finance and economics, including: economics of oil & gas projects; project selection criteria and key performance indicators; fiscal regimes
- Current issues in the oil & gas industry, and future prospects
- Oil & gas industry strategic analysis, including: relationship of IOC’s, NOC’s, OPEC & IEA; energy risks and opportunities; geopolitics; world energy markets; derivatives, energy commodities and markets
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the delegates who attend and complete the online training course.