Training Course Overview
The oil and gas industry is complex, diverse, risky and in continual change. Uncertainty in price, supply, demand, cost, technological change and politics all contribute to the extraordinary challenges faced by oil and gas professionals and managers.
This training course will prepare oil and gas professionals and managers to face those challenges, and progress both in their current role and in their future careers.
This training course brings together from a management perspective all the key aspects of the upstream oil and gas industry including those of geoscience, engineering, commerce, finance, safety, social responsibility, strategy and risk management.
Delegates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to work effectively on projects involving many different professional disciplines, and to manage the changes that are happening, and will continue to happen, within the industry.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the important issues facing the industry and the strategies to effectively address them
- Gain a clear understanding of the companies that make up the petroleum industry
- Learn about the geopolitical issues surrounding global Oil & Gas supply, transportation and pricing
- Gain specific skills in budgeting finance and strategic planning whilst assessing the commercial viability of Oil & Gas Projects
- Acquire an understanding and compare various international fiscal systems
- Explain the nature and fundamentals of Oil & Gas Projects and Project Management
- Function more effectively and efficiently in today’s competitive Oil & Gas business environment
- Evaluate the strategic challenges facing the industry and implications for the organization
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business development and commercial professionals
- Corporate planners, investment analysts, oil & gas directors
- Executives intrigued by MBA concepts, but lacking time for full course
- Managers in oil & gas wanting a ‘taster’ to see if a full MBA is right for them
- Managers in industries and professions serving the O&G industry
- Bankers, lawyers, analysts, service majors, etc.
- Project managers, engineers, geoscientists, planners
The Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- The nature of the oil and gas industry, including: the origins of oil and gas, the professional disciplines, the fundamentals of oil and gas exploration and production
- The oil and gas industry business environment, including: global petroleum reserves, supply and demand, the global energy mix
- Technical advances in the oil and gas industry, including: shale oil & gas revolution; directional drilling; microseismic; hydraulic fracturing; measurement while drilling
- The monetization of natural gas (liquefied natural gas LNG, compressed natural gas CNG, gas to liquids GTL)
- Project finance and economics, including: economics of oil & gas projects; project selection criteria and key performance indicators; fiscal regimes
- Current issues in the oil & gas industry, and future prospects
- Oil & gas industry strategic analysis, including: relationship of IOC’s, NOC’s, OPEC & IEA; energy risks and opportunities; geopolitics; world energy markets; derivatives, energy commodities and markets
- Certificate of Completion will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course