The oil and gas industry is global in nature, and it involves trading Pipeline Gas and LNG in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and North America. These markets have grown exponentially as a result of demand and deregulation, bringing tremendous business opportunities for all the stakeholders, including government entities, producers, sellers, transporters, and buyers, etc. High contract value, complicated commercial terms, volatile prices, cultural differences, and many other unpredicted risks have made contract negotiating, dispute resolution, and risk management more and more challenging.
Effective training in these areas becomes an urgent need for relevant executives in both the public and private sectors. In response to such industry dynamics, including consideration to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this advanced training course will provide effective training in the critical considerations and conditions for successfully concluding Gas and LNG Sales Agreements. The training course will enable the participants to gain an insight into the way in which Buyers and Sellers view and negotiate Gas and LNG Sales Agreements, and will give the participants a detailed understanding of the terms that are important in these transactions.
This ETC online training course aims to provide an overview of the LNG contracts and its context within the oil and gas industry, to understand how to negotiate profitably key LNG contracts, to assess, and manage pricing and overall risks, and to understand the application of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) relevant to LNG contracts.
At the end of this ETC online training course, the participants will learn to:
- Understanding common contractual pitfalls in LNG contracts
- Negotiate LNG contracts profitably, with a clear understanding of insurance provisions, liability, and indemnity clauses, with a case study based on COVID-19 Pandemic
- Enhance the ability to draft and negotiate LNG force majeure clauses
- Assess and manage risks as relevant to LNG contracts
- Grasp and apply dispute resolution methods to LNG contracts
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
The ETC online training course is specifically designed for professionals actively involved or likely to be involved in contract negotiations and all those who need an understanding of the principles of gas contracts, including issues such as price terms and the allocation of risk.
This ETC online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior and Middle-Level Commercial Managers
- Commercial Lawyers
- Risk Managers
- Energy Purchasing Managers
- Strategy Managers
- Pipeline Marketing Managers
- Operations Managers
- Project Managers
- Senior Government Officials and Regulators
The Course Outline
- Dynamic of Downstream, Midstream, and Upstream and English Contract Law
- Contract Law
- The Essence of the LNG Sales Contracts
- Transportation Agreements
- The Essential of Negotiations in LNG context
- Gas Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Storage Agreements
- Liability Clauses
- Contractual Indemnity
- Force Majeure Clauses
- Insurance Provisions
- Contract Management
- Contract Claims and Dispute Resolutions
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course