This online training course will cover the fundamentals of electric power generation, transmission and distribution. Emphasis will be on the alternating current (AC) single phase and three phase networks and characteristics. As we are all aware electricity kills, therefore understanding of electrical hazards and electric shock risks are primary concerns. Effective and importance of earthing or grounding create awareness when we are dealing with electricity.
An efficient electric power supply is vital to ensure the smooth operation of protection devices namely fuses and circuit breakers, motors and transformers. Choosing the correct and accurate protection devices ensures safety and prevent arc flash hazards. Uninterruptible power systems are usually installed to ensure the safe and continuous and secure flow of electric power. All electrical installation are designed in accordance to their single line diagram to ensure balance load flow. Good maintenance regime will assure the safe operation of electric equipment in conjunction with the appropriate testing instruments.
By the end of this online training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand generation, transmission and distribution of electricity
- Understand electrial hazards, shock risks and common faults
- Explore the types of AC network systems and single line diagrams
- Discover the importance of earthing or grounding system
- Comprehend protection devices in an electrical installation
- Understand common electrical switchgears
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Mechanical Technicians
- Mechanical Supervisors
- Administrative Managers
- Finance Managers
- Project Directors
The Course Outline
- Generation, transmission and distribution of electricity
- Types of single phase and three phase AC network, star and delta configurations
- Importance of earthing and prevention against electric shock hazards
- Electrical protection devices fuses and circuit breakers
- Construction, characteristics and operation of power transformers
- Choosing correct electric motors
- Role of uninterruptible power supply systems
- Basic single line diagram design concepts for and electrical installation
- Importance of Maintenance
- Common types of electrical testing instruments
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the participants who attend and complete the online training course.