Interest in clean hydrogen production and utilization has never been more substantial - and this will explain why, where, and how this is the case. It will examine how the growth of clean hydrogen will impact both the renewable power and natural gas industries, drawing on international examples. The training course will provide a clear, business-focused picture of a potentially complex clean hydrogen value chain, including potential "winners" and "losers". It will describe what problems are being solved, the technological basis, and the economic framework of hydrogen energy solutions. Examples will be drawn from sectors including transport, refining, steelmaking, ammonia production, heating, and more. Key terminologies, metrics, and concepts will be explained, in language accessible to commercial businesspeople and other non-engineers.
If you are involved in the energy business, it is essential to have a solid grounding in how the growth of clean hydrogen could be game-changing for energy systems. While much of the information out there can seem technical, complex, and motivated by self-interested groups, it has been specifically designed to open up the subject, from a fully independent viewpoint to non-engineers: including a variety of commercial roles, business developers and investors. It will be able to give a better understanding, scrutinization, discussion, and question hydrogen business proposals, plans, or strategies that come your way in the future.
At the end of this ETC online training course, the participants will learn to:
- Gain a clear picture of global clean hydrogen trends and the real state of the industry (reality, not hype)
- Demystify terminology, metrics, and other complexities you will encounter in clean hydrogen reporting
- Understand where, when and how clean hydrogen is already being used and where the short-term growth opportunities lie
- Examine some of the key variables that are essential to assessing hydrogen projects and strategies
- Assess the competitors to clean hydrogen applications in different sectors
- Learn how and why different markets will have different hydrogen needs
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
The ETC online training course is designed for commercially-focused people within the power and natural gas sectors, including Renewable Power Project Developers, Natural Gas Producers, Natural Gas Traders & Distributors, Large Energy Users, Energy Investors, Energy Policymakers and providers of professional services to the energy sector (including law, insurance, etc.).
This ETC online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Finance Managers
- Risk Managers and Project Managers
- Government Officials, Regulators & Policymakers
- Energy Traders and Investment Managers in a Power and Natural Gas Sectors
- Business Development Managers and Product Development Managers in a Hydrogen Storage Company
- Market Analysts and Strategy Managers in a Hydrogen Electrolyzer Manufacturers
The Course Outline
- Hydrogen production from renewable power by electrolysis
- Hydrogen production from natural gas, with carbon capture and storage
- Understanding the challenges of distributing and storing hydrogen
- Assessing current and emerging markets for clean hydrogen
- Hydrogen in industrial applications
- Hydrogen in transport, including competition with battery-electric vehicles
- The political and geopolitical dimensions to enabling clean hydrogen market growth
- Barriers and limits to hydrogen market growth
- Examining the hydrogen value and supply chains, including potential winners and losers
- Reviewing global strategies and deployments in clean hydrogen
The Energy Training Centre e-Certificate will be given to the participants who attend and complete the online training course.