Across the world, including in the energy sector, women leaders remain in the minority. This training course looks in depth at the role women currently play in the energy sector and what is needed to create more balanced organisations in future. The industry is undergoing a major transition and greater diversity of leaders will enable a more robust future.
Research has shown that diverse management teams deliver better results. In this training course we explore the challenges and the benefits of increasing the gender balance in middle and senior management. Do women manage crises better? When will women be accepted in the same way as men?
This Energy Training Centre course will highlight:
- The existing situation for women in the energy sector
- How men’s and women’s leadership styles differ
- The challenges and benefits of a more equal gender balance at senior levels
- Cultural influences on diversity of leadership teams
- Development of women’s key leadership qualities
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Recognise the benefits and challenges of greater equality for women leaders
- How to become a self-aware leader
- Enhance key leadership skills
- Understand the impact of gender diversity on organisational performance
- Create important networks and processes to support potential women leaders
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training methodology includes a mixture of speaker input, facilitated discussions, syndicate work and practical exercises, with an emphasis on always involving delegates. The learning tools include video case studies, team problem solving and analysis tools to uncover core strengths and develop new ideas.